Friday, January 16, 2009

growing pains perhaps?

Sorry we have not been keeping up with this as of late. Ever since our neighbors put a password on their wireless, we have no internet access which also means a lot less time is spent sitting in the bathroom which is the only place we got reception. We had been thinking/looking for a new bed for Zander because his bed was getting too small, and mostly he is a crazy sleeper and needs a lot of room. Emily and Ryan offered to give us their daybed and my parents were thinking of getting a new bed and giving us theirs but we ended up taking up Miah & Lisa's offer since they were much closer to us in terms of delivery. So, we took Miah & Lisa's bed because it is extra firm, which I need for my bad shoulder and neck, and gave Zander our bed because it is nice and soft! It is funny walking by Zander's room and seeing this big bed in his room next to all his kid size dressers, desks, etc. Grandma Tauer bought him a new bed spread with TRUCKS on it. It is absolutely perfect for him, and Punky enjoys it too! The first couple nights he slept so well in his new bed. However, the past couple nights have been quite difficult- not due to the bed. Zander has never been a great sleeper, but always a great dreamer. I know this because he talks a majority of the night, non-stop. He cries, he says please, thank you, Theresa, thats mine, no punky, etc. It is not usually too disruptive but last night he was screaming his feet hurt so I had to rub them. Then he told me that was hurting him and he needed socks. So I got a pair of socks, but he needed green socks and they were in the wash. So we settled for red socks. Next he didn't know where Punky was and needed him in by him. Punky came running in. Then he needed to lay on the couch I laid him on the couch. I started rubbing his back hoping he would fall asleep. After Ten Minutes I stopped. He turns looks at me and says keep petting me mommy. Finally he was able to fall asleep until morning, I was not. I can never fall asleep after nights like that. Are his feet really hurting him? Last week it was his knees. Is he having growing pains? Is he having nightmares? Is something happening at daycare? Why is he always talking about 'bad guys' and 'monsters'? Zander is a very smart kid. He can talk and communicate verbally better than most kids his age. He has such a big vocabulary for his age- which makes me happy. There are just so many questions and thoughts I have, that I do not know the answers to, and I wish I did. I thought Mom's knew everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment